Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Bite Beauty BB for Lips: Review

I'm a sucker for anything BB, which stands for Beauty Balm and is supposed to cram a thousand benefits into one product. I use BB cream for my face, BB cream on my body, and now there's a BB for your lips from awesome brand Bite beauty. I like the idea of a multi purpose product; any way I can shave minutes off my insane beauty routine is good by me. And I LOVE Bite beauty lip products--I've got matte lip pencils, luminous cream lipsticks, and the Agave lip mask, which even my husband Random loves.

So when I saw that Bite had a new line of BB lipsticks I knew I wanted to try them. I got the color Suede, which is a rosy pink brown. It's a darkish nude but still brightens up your face, and I think it would work on a wide variety of complexions. 


                                         

The packaging is velvety matte gray, a sleek tube with the adorable BITE logo on the side (the B has a bite taken out of it!)

Here's what Sephora, exclusive retailer for Bite, has to say about this product:

"A lip enhancing, five-in-one balm. 

What it is formulated to do:
Essential for the look and feel of just-kissed, healthy, and hydrated lips, this color-rich balm repairs, primes, and protects with SPF 18. Natural lip repair lipids mimic the lips’ natural surface to revitalize, replenish, and restore texture for the ultimate softness. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

- Parabens
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates 

What else you need to know:
BITE Beauty is created with natural and food-grade ingredients." 

There are five colors: Natural, Flush, Tawny, Dusty, and Suede. The lip balm feels moisturizing and soft on my lips, quite like the Sugar lip treatments-very creamy. It instantly makes them feel better after a long day of various matte lippies. It's glossy but not overly so, and the smell is very pleasant--a light minty vanilla. 

Here's what it looks like on: 
 
                                  

                                                   Forgive my tired eyes and unwashed hair 

Here's a swatch of Suede:


                                       
                                                   GIANT arm swatch 


Overall I like this BB for lips very much and will be interested in seeing what the other shades look like!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting lovelies! If you are going to be a troll please put some lippie on first so you don't scare us all ;)